The world has become so advanced and competitive that it keeps everyone busy and stressed. Every time people feel like time is running out, they lag behind, making them stressed. Stress is known to have numerous effects on health, one of which is skin problems. Most of the population dealing with stress have skin irritability issues, usually on the face, like pimples, acne, hyperpigmentation, allergies, breakouts, etc. You can get rid of them by facial steaming with essential oils.
Now you don’t have to spend loads of money on expensive skin care products and spa treatments because you can simply go for facial steaming. It is not expensive and is a natural way to have healthy glowing skin. Facial steaming at home is a simple DIY method that caresses your skin and makes you stress-free to some extent. To know more about facial steaming, continue reading.
What Exactly Is Facial Steaming?
Face steaming is one of the aspects of Ayurvedic therapy, also known as ‘Swedana.’ It helps in removing impurities from the skin and deep cleanses the pores. In addition, face steaming keeps the skin’s core and internal temperature in moderation and improves blood circulation. You can DIY this at home: boil some water in a tub and keep your face just above the tub, so the face receives the steam. If the steam is too hot, you can receive the steam with breaks; the process doesn’t have to be continuous.
Receiving facial steam is the best thing you can do to boost your natural beauty and make the skin appear glossy without any makeup. It moisturizes and refreshes your skin by receiving face steam with essential steam from Aromaforce. In addition, facial steam with oil can calm your skin, aid in healing skin blemishes, serve as an astringent, and open clogged pores. You will also get aromatherapy effects if you make facial steam with essential oils.
You might have noticed that most salon experts begin skin treatment with facial steaming. However, you should know that facial steaming can only help with oily, dry, combo, and normal skin types. But if you have sensitive skin, chapped skin, sunburns, rosacea, etc., avoid taking steams. Or, you can refer to your dermatologist if you should really go for facial steaming.
Benefits Of Facial Steaming With Essential Oil
Facial steaming is one of the best ways to deeply cleanse your skin, remove dust and toxins, improve blood circulation, open clogged pores, repair wrinkles, illuminate your skin tone, soften and moisturize your skin at many levels. In addition, steaming at least twice a week will give you the following benefits:
- Skin Hydration: First of all, you must know that there’s a difference between moisturizing and hydrating your skin. Moisturizing works on the uppermost layer of the skin or on the skin’s surface, whereas hydrating works on the deepest levels of your skin. If your skin is dry, it means it lacks sebum and oil, which moisturizers and other skincare products can help eliminate the dryness. When your skin isn’t hydrated, it lacks water, and all skin types can experience skin dehydration. Facial steaming helps the skin receive water externally through steams and makes it hydrated.
- Better Product Absorption: Receiving facial steaming makes the skin more permeable, which helps it absorb the products easily. By hydrating your skin, face steaming can increase or promote the penetration of active ingredients, which is applied immediately after steaming. The active ingredients in your skincare products, like vitamin C or retinol, absorb better in the skin and work more effectively. However, if you don’t want to use any product after steaming, you can use facial steaming with essential oil. For that, you just have to apply Aromaforce eucalyptus oil before receiving the steam, and it will do wonders.
- Promotes Blood Circulation: Proper blood circulation helps the skin produce collagen and elastin, giving the skin a plumpy and bouncy look. The heat from steam naturally increases blood circulation, giving you the natural glow that no makeup product can. Not only increased blood circulation gives smooth, glowing skin, but it also reduces pimples, acne, breakouts, etc. If your skin is prone to acne, facial steam can help heal them. In addition, the wetness and heat of facial steam make the skin soft, which makes the skin care extractions less painful.
- Loosens Trapped Sebum: If your skin is oily, it is common that you might have clogged pores. Facial steaming can help you open the pores. The hot steam helps loosen bacteria, oil, and trapped dirt in the skin that usually causes acne. If the clogged pores are not treated, a layer of skin might form over it over a period or even cause sebum. So steam your face after cleansing, offering a deeper cleanse and allowing your skin to fight acne and target breakouts. You can also use a face mask after steaming for the most outstanding results.
- Soothing Effect: Above everything else, facial steaming gives you a relaxing experience as it helps in reducing stress. Consider adding facial steaming to your self-care routine to enjoy its benefits and a few minutes of relaxation. You can DIY the facial steaming or invest in a facial steamer that brings the spa to your home and comfort. You can also apply Aromaforce essential oils on your face while receiving steam, as it stimulates and rejuvenates your skin. This is especially beneficial for people who have dry skin. The oil will penetrate your skin, thus simultaneously moisturizing and hydrating your skin.
Tops Essential Oil For Facial Steaming
Steaming your face with ideal essential oils will have several advantages to your skin which you have already read above. But now you must seek answers to which oils are the best for facial steaming. So continue reading to learn about some effective and soothing oils to use on your face while receiving steam.
- Clove Essential Oil: Clove oil is an effective anti-aging ingredient that can be used in facial steaming. It helps in managing saggy skin and prevents the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face. It also helps in improving blood flow and removing dead skin, thus resulting in youthful and glowing skin.
- Chamomile Essential Oil: Chamomile oil is suitable for all skin types. Chamomile steaming on the face can help prevent allergies and skin inflammation as it has antioxidant content. Since it has calming and anti-inflammatory properties, it works wonders for healing your skin. It can also be used for skin detoxification.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Aromaforce peppermint oil face steams wash the face gently while also giving antibacterial and antiseptic effects. Peppermint oil has a refreshing impact on steam as it eases acne-related inflammation and irritation. Facial steaming with peppermint oil helps open pores and remove trapped dirt and debris.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: Tea tree oil is frequently used as an essential oil for face steaming since it has healing and cleaning properties. It gives the skin a regeneration uplift. It also has antifungal properties, which kill the acne-causing microorganisms and prevent the skin from breakouts.
Why go to salons for spa treatment and cleansing when you can do it at home, free and within your comfort zone? DIY facial steaming is the easiest and most effective way of rejuvenating your skin. For more remarkable results, you can use Aromaforce essential oils Canada.